Cannot compile Bombono with latest ffmpeg

English main discussion

Cannot compile Bombono with latest ffmpeg

Postby PhilQ » 02 Sep 2012, 16:54

Hi - I tried searching for other reports of this on the forum but did not find anything matching....

Basically, I cannot compile Bombono on an Arch Linux system due to a problem with the libavformat/url.h file that is included by src/mgui/ffviewer.cpp. The actual error text is:

src/mgui/ffviewer.cpp:41:58: fatal error: libavformat/url.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

On searching for an answer to this, I came across this http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... ?id=118986 which gives a clue. The same issue has been reported on Chromium, the cause is the fact that the url.h header file is not public (or is no longer public), so applications should not be using it.

I checked the Arch package for 'ffmpeg' and sure enough the url.h header file is not there. Given that Arch is a 'rolling release', it has picked up the latest 'ffmpeg' before other distributions. I would imagine other distributions will also be using this version in the coming months, so I would expect this problem will be seen there too.

Any clues on how to fix this?

Phil Q
PhilQ
Cell Newbie

Re: Cannot compile Bombono with latest ffmpeg

Postby muravjov » 28 Oct 2012, 16:31

Since version 1.2.1 Bombono DVD don't use libavformat/url.h anymore. Please upgrade.
muravjov
Forum Admin

Postby PhilQ » 29 Oct 2012, 17:43

Looks like there is a logic problem in the code then:

I am already using 1.2.1. The file src/mgui/ffviewer.cpp has this at the top.

#if LIBAVFORMAT_VERSION_INT >= AV_VERSION_INT(54,00,00)
#define AVFORMAT_54
#endif

#ifdef AVFORMAT_54
C_LINKAGE_BEGIN
#include <libavformat/url.h> // ffurl_register_protocol()
C_LINKAGE_END
#endif

My system has libavformat.54.29.104, so will define AVFORMAT_54. Now it tries to pull in libavformat/url.h, which fails. I will try undefining AVFORMAT_54 and see if it builds.
PhilQ
Cell Newbie

Postby muravjov » 30 Oct 2012, 21:48

Ah, my bad. The patch is not in 1.2.1, please use code from git (until 1.2.2 release): http://gitorious.org/bombono-dvd
muravjov
Forum Admin

Return to Discussion (English)